We cannot hold onto things and enter. We must put down what we carry, open the door, and then take up only what we need to bring inside.”
As we move into 2016, I cannot help but take a moment to appreciate the fact that a new year opens the door to new beginnings, new adventures and a chance to take up a fresh, new outlook. I’ve taken a moment to consider what I am happy with in my life and think about what changes will best benefit my and my family in 2016. Here is a quick and honest list of things that I cannot hold onto any longer if I am to approach 2016 with a loving heart and an open mind and a list of those things that I will try to take up and hold onto no matter what the year throws my way.
What I will put down:
- Preconceived ideas of what my day to day life should look like.
- Worrying about the future to the point where it causes anxiety, anger and detachment from the present.
- Hostility towards others based on my own insecurities.
- Sweating the small stuff.
- Overly harsh self criticism.
What I will carry into this new year:
- An ability to love and allow myself to be loved.
- A daily commitment to my mat.
- Dedication and perseverance to developing passions, old and new.
- Lightheartedness and the ability to laugh (often at myself).
What are you willing to put down and what will you carry as we move into this New Year?